Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Unit Plan Thoughts

I teach 9th grade physical science. The "big ideas" in physical science are 1). Structure & Properties of Matter & 2). Interactions of Matter & Energy. A sentence that would go to the heart of my curriculum would be "Matter and Energy are related." The essential question that I am considering at this point is "What's really going on at the amusement park?" A unit question that I am considering is "How can you demonsrate an understanding of the nature of forces and motion?"

1 comment:

  1. This should serve well for a unit to engage students in thinking. I am thinking that the essential question is still much like a unit question. How about something like:
    1)What is real?
    or
    2)Is it true that what goes around comes around?
    or for a pun
    3) What matters?

    ReplyDelete